The safety and well-being of our students, employees and community are always a top priority for Brightpoint Community College. The college has a Health and Safety Team in place that is closely monitoring and assessing reports and guidance provided by the Governor’s Office; the Virginia Community College System; the Virginia Department of Health; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and other federal and state agencies and accrediting commissions.
Summer 2022 Semester
The college's summer semester includes on-campus, virtual, Zoom and hybrid classes. Student support services continue to be offered both remotely and on campus. For assistance connecting to the college’s support services, contact the Help Hub.
Those who come to campus must follow the college's safety protocols. As of March 14, 2022, per the Virginia Community College System, there is no requirement to wear a mask while inside buildings on community college campuses in Virginia. Those who wish to wear a mask are welcome to do so. The college will continue to provide free, disposable masks, including KN95 masks, which health experts say provide a greater level of protection. If you need or want a KN95 or other disposable mask, stop by the Security desk in the Nicholas Center (Chester Campus) or Administration Building (Midlothian Campus).
For the safety of our college community:
Those who come to campus should follow the college’s safety protocols. Masks are not required, but those who wish to wear one are welcome to do so.
Please do not come to campus if you:
- Are ill, regardless of symptoms
- Have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results
- Have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
If you meet any of the above criteria:
- Students, including those enrolled in CCWA courses taught on Brightpoint's campuses, should contact the Dean of Students Office for guidance, and contact your instructor(s).
- Employees, including CCWA employees and CCWA contractors who work on Brightpoint's campuses; visitors; and contractors should contact Human Resources for guidance. Employees should also contact their supervisor.