Content Strategist (Public Relations and Marketing Specialist III) – 00154
HIRING RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
GENERAL INFORMATION: Brightpoint Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education and one of the largest of the 23 community colleges in Virginia. With campuses in Chester and Midlothian in the metropolitan Richmond area and at off-campus classrooms throughout the area, Brightpoint Community College provides quality educational opportunities that inspire student success and community vitality. The College’s vision is a success story for every student.
The Creative Services team at Brightpoint Community College, becoming Brightpoint, is seeking a full-time Content Strategist.
The Content Strategist will be responsible for working with partners in the academic and student services divisions to develop a content strategy for subsequent phases of our recently relaunched website and intranet. This work will include overall project management for ongoing web development initiatives, content strategy, content development and coaching for internal content providers.
The content strategist will also be responsible for day-to-day management and strategy for the college’s primary social media channels and search engine optimization tactics. The content strategist will also use data and analytics to make strategic decisions and support key initiatives at the college.
Candidates must be comfortable coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and leading a wide range of projects from start to finish. Candidates must be comfortable working under tight deadlines and have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
This position is based at Tyler’s Midlothian Campus
- Candidates must have considerable, demonstrated knowledge of writing effectively for a variety of mediums, particularly web, social media and digital.
- Candidates must be able to analyze project information, work with clients, and provide creative communications and marketing solutions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in information architecture and web content strategy, including search engine optimization tactics, content management tools, and knowledge of Google Analytics. Candidates should have extensive experience developing content for multi-channel campaigns.
- Candidates must possess exceptional customer service skills and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Candidates must be comfortable coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and leading projects from start to finish. Candidates must be comfortable working under tight deadlines and have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- A strong working knowledge of social media tools, content management systems, Google tools and the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Candidates must also have knowledge of proofreading and editing principles and be familiar with standard proofreaders’ marks.
- Successful completion and passing of a criminal background check is required.
- A degree in communications, marketing, English or a related field.
- Years of relevant work experience, preferably in higher education.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Demonstrated experience managing a web site, professional social media channels and digital campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytics to inform communications strategies.
*All full-time classified employees new to the Commonwealth of Virginia will serve a 12-month probationary period.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Acceptable application packages are those submitted through the Virginia Community College career website located at https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/41575. Applicants must submit a writing portfolio, noting role played on the project, with their applications.
Brightpoint Community College embraces a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion that empowers anyone from anywhere to be successful in their academic and professional pursuits. We strive to provide an environment that is enriching to all by understanding and appreciating our dimensions of diversity, becoming global citizens, and welcoming new ways of engaging the unique contributions of all people.