Tutoring in the Academic Resource Center
Brightpoint’s Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides tutoring support for students in a wide variety of subjects, including writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), business, and study skills/tech help. Tutoring is free for all Brightpoint students and there is no limit to the number of tutoring sessions each semester.
Online Tutoring on Zoom
Drop-In Tutoring is available in the Virtual ARC via Zoom Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tutoring is offered on a wide variety of subjects, including Writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, study skills & planning, and more!*
Use Drop-In Tutoring to have a focused session with a tutor, or keep it pulled up in the background while you study and ask questions when you get stuck.
Make sure you are logged into your myBrightpoint account before clicking into the Zoom session.
*Someone will be available in both the Midlothian and Chester ARC Monday through Thursday 10am-6pm to answer questions and direct students to the Virtual ARC.
If you are looking for tutoring in a specific course, please take a look at our Course Proficiencies Schedule to see when we have tutors available for your specific class. If you need help with something you don't see on the list, feel free to email us.
Events and Workshops
Friday, September 9, 2022
- What to do When You Get Stuck 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Math Basics 12:00am - 1:00am Online
Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Intro to Programming 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Friday, September 23, 2022
- Study Skills & Test Taking Strategies 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online
Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Intro to Excel Workshop 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Friday, October 7, 2022
- APA Basics: Writing in the Social Sciences 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Friday, October 14, 2022
- MLA Basics: Writing in the Humanities 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Saturday, October 15, 2022
- TEAS Math 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Saturday, October 22, 2022
- TEAS Reading 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Saturday, October 29, 2022
- TEAS Science 12:00pm - 1:00pm Online
Friday, November 4, 2022
- Thesis Statements 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online
Friday, November 11, 2022
- Summary vs Analysis 1:00pm - 2:00pm Online